Craps is a fun and exciting game that can be played at high speed and offers a lot of variation in betting options. However, you have to know the rules a bit, because Craps can seem quite overwhelming at first glance. That’s a shame, because it scares many people away from trying Craps online. Actually they are also right, because why would you bet money and possibly lose if you do not know the rules of the game? That is now changing, because with free Craps online you can learn the rules, strategy and bets without losing a single cent!
Free Online Craps
- Gives you the chance to get to know the game in practice
- You don’t lose money if you have to get used to it
- You can try out different strategies
- If you feel well prepared, you can switch to playing for real money!
The Benefits of Playing Free Craps
As you can see above, the advantage of online free Craps is that you can get to know the game in a risk-free way.
1. The great additional benefit of playing free Craps online is that you learn more than just the rules that you could have learned otherwise by reading a game guide. With a free game you learn to actively apply the rules, and you learn exactly how the game goes online.
In contrast to reading yourself in and passively learning how Craps works, thanks to free Craps you learn exactly what you should do in a much nicer way!
2. Playing free Craps is completely risk-free. The reason for this is simple: you do not have to use your own money to play the game.
So you don’t lose a cent of your own bankroll if you still have to become familiar with the bets and the rules! You can make nice mistakes and learn from them without getting poorer.
3. You can try out different ways of playing and test strategies. If you understand the rules of Craps and bets a bit, then free Craps offers you the opportunity to try out different strategies and see which playing style works best for you. Thanks to free Craps you can prepare yourself optimally for the real thing!
Rules & Game Craps
Before you can play Craps, it is of course advisable to get to know the basic rules. You can keep these rules with your free Craps game while you play to keep it as fun and active as possible. We help you in any case with the basics, so read the following rules!
1. Craps is played at a large table. As with online roulette, there are all kinds of different bets on the felt table. You can bet on virtually all of these bets as a player. Craps is a dice game, so as a player you roll with two dice to determine the outcome of your bet.
2. The first bet that is placed with Craps before you roll the dice is the so-called ‘pass or don’t pass’ bet. With the pass bet, you bet that the eyes of the dice together yield 7 or 11. Most people bet on this option, and this is what makes Craps fun. You often win or lose with all of them at the same time. The don’t pass bet, however, bet that a 2, 3 or 12 will be rolled. The first roll with the dice is called the ‘come-out’ roll.
3. It can of course happen that neither a pass nor a don’t pass number is thrown. With two dice, you can also throw 4,5,6,8,9 or 10. When this occurs, the number thrown is called the ‘point’. The ‘shooter’ (this is the person who rolls the dice) then continues to roll until he rolls the point again or rolls a 7.
4. If a 7 is thrown first, the people who had bet on ‘don’t pass’ win, if the point is thrown first, everyone who has placed the ‘pass’ bet wins.
This is the basis of the Craps game. However, there are a number of bets that you need to know before you start playing, and these are described below.
The ‘Come & Odds’ bets
In addition to the original ‘pass or don’t pass’ bet, you can also bet on ‘come or don’t come’ and the ‘odds’ (odd) bet.
- The ‘Come or Don’t Come’ bet works as follows: you can only place this bet after the first die has been rolled. Furthermore, this bet actually works the same as the ‘pass or don’t pass bet’, but then you will be assigned your own individual ‘point’.
- Immediately after you bet, for example, ‘come’, the following role determines your own ‘point’ number (for example 2). If this point (2) is then rolled before a 7 is rolled, you win the come bet.
- If ‘don’t come’ bet, then you bet that a seven is rolled before your point (2) appears on the table.
- The ‘Odds’ (Odd) bet is a bonus bet with Craps and proceeds as follows: after a ‘point’ has been determined, you bet that this point will reappear before a seven is rolled.
- It is highly advisable to place this extra bet because the payouts on this bet do not have a house edge! This is an exclusive feature with the Craps game.
Now that you have a basic idea of free Craps, the rules and bets, it’s time to try the game yourself online. You can also place all sorts of other additional bets and there are also multiple Craps strategies available to give your game more depth and make it extra interesting. When you get to know these bets in a playful way you are optimally prepared to play Craps for real money!